We have spent a decade developing Lantern, and we consider it to be in "permanent beta." We look forward to continuing to enhance and improve the platform and the underlying collections. Help us by letting us know how we can improve. You can e-mail us at email@example.com.
Immediate priorities for development include:
- Customized BookReader application featuring print and download buttons, "more like this" option, and tighter integration with the main Lantern interface.
- Improved advanced search form.
- Improved search highlighting within BookReader ("Read in Context" view).
- Resource for educators that share methods and examples of using the MHDL and Lantern in classroom contexts
- Fundraising to digitize an additional 3 million pages of material.
More long-term development goals include:
- Page-level and article-level metadata
- Cross-indexing with other historical resources and digital projects
Our Google Analytics account shows the quantity of users, but it doesn't tell us anything about how the MHDL materials are being used or how the MHDL and Lantern are making an impact.
If you have found these resources to be valuable in your life or work, please let us know. Specific examples of how the MHDL and Lantern have enabled new research or teaching possibilities are especially appreciated.
By sharing your impact story, you will be helping us gain more of the resources we need to continue forward with our work.
E-mail your impact stories to ehoyt (at) wisc (dot) edu. Thank you.
As a non-profit initiative, your support is what enables us to keep building our collections. Please consider making a donation at https://supportuw.org/giveto/mediahistory